Flat Fee Agreements For Arizona DUI Cases is the topic for today’s podcast is Flat Fee Agreements for Arizona DUIs. Here is what you need to know.
Flat Fee Agreements for Arizona DUIs
DUI Attorney Fee Agreements
Flat Fee Agreements For Arizona DUIs
DUI Flat fee agreements are most often used by lawyers. These are also known as “earned upon receipt” or “nonrefundable” agreements. These agreements must be in writing. The agreement must say the client can discharge the lawyer at any time and may be entitled to a refund of all or part of the fee. The only limitation on this right is if the case is set to trial the judge also has to approve the discharge. These agreements provide one fee for all or parts of a case. Some DUI lawyer use hourly fee agreements but they are much rarer. Hourly agreements provide for the client to pay for each hour of the lawyer’s time. With a flat fee the client knows what the fee will be regardless how many hours the attorney has to spend on the case.
Contingency fee agreements are another type of fee agreement. These agreements are common in personal injury cases. With these agreements the attorney gets a percentage of the money recovered. Contingent agreements are not permitted for criminal cases. and no agreement cannot say the attorney will get paid only if the case is dismissed.
DUI Flat Fee Agreements – Different Types
There are two types of Flat Fee Agreements for DUIs.
- The first type is one which includes all of lawyer’s work on the case. This type includes jury trials and MVD hearings at no additional cost.
- The second type is a partial flat fee for stages of the case. This type can include several flat fees. For example, one fee to start the case and another fee to do a jury trial. Some of these agreements provide a extra jury trial fee, per trial. With this type if a trial ends as a mistrial, the client must pay a second jury trial fee for the retrial. Some of these partial flat fees also require an extra fee for the MVD hearing.
Should I hire a Private Attorney?
Can I represent myself?
Anyone can represent themselves on any misdemeanor crime charge. When arrested for DUI the most important goal is to minimize the the effects on you and your family. If you can do that yourself then you do not need a lawyer. To best represent yourself you will have to be able to negotiate with the prosecutor to get best the plea offer. If that does not work then you must be ready to represent yourself in a jury trial. You will have to deal with the MVD, which often makes mistakes. You will have to anticipate and minimize, all of the possible effects of the DUI on you and your family. Keep in mind the judge, prosecutor and MVD staff may be very polite and cordial, but their job is not to help you. They do not represent you and cannot give you legal and or advice on other problems you may encounter.
Should I get a Public Defender?
What Should I Consider When Hiring a Private Attorney?
Questions to Ask Private DUI Attorneys
- DUI Attorney Cost- Is it an hourly or flat fee agreement?
- DUI Attorney Cost- If an hourly agreement, how much per hour?
- If a flat fee does the agreement say you can discharge the lawyer and request a full or partial refund?
- If a flat fee is it a full flat fee or a partial fee agreement?
- If a full flat fee agreement does it include a jury trial? if not, why not?
- If a full flat fee agreement, does it include all MVD hearings?
- If a partial flat fee agreement, how much is the trial fee and is it a trial fee for each trial?
- If a partial flat fee agreement, does it include all MVD hearings and if not what is the those fees
- Does the agreement call for paying interest on the balance due?
- DUI Attorney Cost- Are there late fees?
- Does the agreement have a cost to change the monthly payment amounts or method of payment?
My DUI Flat Fee Agreements- Affordable Payment Plans
I offer one all inclusive DUI flat fee agreement with:
- Reasonable payments plans individualized for each client’s ability to pay;
- No set mandatory minimum monthly payment amounts for all cases;
- Payment amounts are made for each client so we can agree on a month plan the client can afford;
- No interest on payment plans balances;
- No fee to change the monthly payment amount or payment date.
- All MVD licensing hearings and problems
- All court proceedings including jury trials
- Help with court ordered and MVD sentencing requirements
- Help with other collateral consequences.
As a DUI Lawyer I know an arrest for a DUI or other criminal charge means you are no longer in control of your life
You may have to:
- Stop driving
- Attend many court and counseling sessions, thus jeopardizing your job
- Serve jail time
- Drive only a vehicle equipped with an ignition interlock device for years.
Since 1979 as a DUI Lawyer I have helped over 5000 DUI & Criminal law clients take back control of their lives
- I prevent the immediate suspension of my client’s driver’s license
- I limit their appearances for court and counseling
- I use my 42 years of experience to try to get the Best Result possible: for my clients. The best result could be a dismissal, a reduced charge or trial verdict of not guilty
- If there is a conviction, I help my client avoid or lessen the many adverse consequences of a conviction.
My job as a Phoenix DUI Lawyer is to see each case through my client’s eyes
All of my clients are unique individuals. An arrest may trigger actions which are different for them than my other clients. My job is to anticipate and minimize the consequences for each client and their family.
I have designed my Phoenix DUI Attorney practice as if I were the client
If I were the client, I would expect my lawyer to keep me fully informed as the case progresses. I would want my lawyer to anticipate problems I may not be aware of. I would want my attorney to help me do whatever the courts and MVD said I had to do. Because that is what I expect, this is what I provide to my clients. Personalized Service is my responsibility alone.
Phoenix DUI Lawyer E-Service
- I use Encrypted email with HIPPA level security used to send information to my clients
- Text messaging for notices & reminders
- Secure online client access to dash or body camera videos
- One-click secure & convenient video conferencing available.
A better outcome for your DUI or other Criminal Charge than you think may be possible.
Call Now For Your Free Consultation!
Serving All of Arizona including Gila• Maricopa• Mohave •Navajo •Pinal • Yavapai Counties and the cities of Apache Junction • Avondale • Buckeye • Bullhead City • Camp Verde • Casa Grande • Chandler • Chino Valley • Cottonwood • El Mirage • Florence • Fountain Hills • Gilbert • Glendale • Globe • Goodyear • Holbrook • Kingman • Lake Havasu • Maricopa • Mayer • Mesa • Payson • Paradise Valley • Peoria • Phoenix • Pinetop • Prescott • Scottsdale • Sedona • Show Low • Tempe • Tolleson • Wickenburg